Friday, February 4, 2011

ZC Fic Part 6

"Okay, so maybe I took it a little too far."
Tory was speechless with rage. Saphire cringed slightly, preparing herself for the onslaught to come. He surprised her, however, by taking a deep breath to calm himself down.
"Did you get it out of your system, then?"
Saphire gaped at him, then recomposed herself. "Ah, yeah. And I really am sorry about that. It's just that after being in the center of the action for so long, I couldn't calm down. I took that trip to try and run myself down."
"That 'vacation' that we were forcing you to take was supposed to help you relax."
"I didn't want to relax! I was getting more and more paranoid by the second, cooped up in the house like that... I was stir crazy!"
Tory shook his head. "Where did you go?"
She shrugged. "Here and there. Cairo, Murmansk, Osaka, someplace in South Africa..." She listed the cities off with a whole lot of 'meh'.
"You didn't cause a ton of trouble, did you?"
"No."
"Saphire..."
"Well, not much..."
Tory scowled. "That is... worrying..."
She shrugged, and he sighed.

1 comment:

  1. I like how natural the characters are. And how well this is written. It's short though, I'd love to read more ^_^

    ReplyDelete